[TenTec] Eagle Data Bus

wa3fiy at radioadv.com wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Wed Sep 29 07:25:00 PDT 2010

The Eagle is a very interesting rig.   From the looks of things it will be nice and simple to use
while providing great receiver performance once it is set-up.   Looks good too!    :-)    I use an
Argonaut V and find it to be a nice size, small but with control knobs and buttons large
enough to be confortable.

It's hard to imagine packing all that stuff in such a small package.    The only thing I do not
like about what I see so far is the internal fan.    I hate fans!!!!    But....to put a 100 watt PA in
that little package it can't be avoided.

I'm really interested in the "Enable", "Data" and "Clock" pins on the ACC1 connector.   Looks
like the internal data bus is available (buffered I hope :-) to the outside world.  That opens the
door to a bunch of options.    Wonder what Ten Tec has in mind?    The possibilities are
endless.

Patience Lee......patience.   :-)

73,

-Lee-