[TenTec] Eagle

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 29 12:07:56 PDT 2010

Art,
I think it is commendable that you are selling the filters with the VI
rig.  Yeah, I am looking at the Eagle, but had not gotten into the
detailed specs yet.  I was impressed that it was packaged, layout of
control wise, like the Argo V, which I have and like very much, but
which does need some more power with my wire antennas and poor
conditions.  What I really need to do is revamp my antennas and get up
some that need refurbishing, and which had a good track record for me.
I also have a beam project to do.  Am thinking of a modest tower, crank
up, which I can have for the taking.  Already have a tri bander in the
garage to assemble.  My schedule is such that I can't play radio very
much until I fully retire.  I am half time, but pretty involved in ham
clubs so many evenings are meetings.  The Eagle could be in my future.
After I buy a new air conditioner!  Only related by my having a way to
big to do list for weekends, etc.----
73,
Stuart
K5KVH