[TenTec] Ten-Tec Eagle

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 29 14:15:26 PDT 2010

The comparison of the Eagle and the Kenwood TS-590 is intriguing.

I looked all over the Kenwood TX-590 product brochure and cannot find a
clear specification for dynamic range.   Not that it is the only spec of
interest, but the Kenwood company says it is a "K-3" killer, with  "best
of class"  dynamic range,... but I have yet to find where Kenwood
specifies the dynamic range.

Even Yaesu gives a figure of 112 dB/IP3 +40dBm   for its FT-DX 5000.
But the Kenwood guys only claim "best in class" - whatever that means.

What does this tell us?  Or does Kenwood specify it someplace I have yet
to discover?

Given the Eagle specs, it is pretty good compared to the FT-DX-5000
which costs way more money and is a HUGE black box with numerous knobs,
buttons, and switches.  Given the lack of details from Kenwood, I
suspect its new rig cannot really compete or it would be bragging abut
its pedigree with greater specificity.

Any traction?