[TenTec] Ten-Tec Eagle

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Sep 29 16:08:07 PDT 2010

Thanks, again, Paul --

Although, I am not seeing it yet ... unless you are interpreting
the chart/graph that appears at the bottom of page 3 on the brochure.

THE KENWOOD BROCHURE SAYS:

	On 15, 20, 40, 80 or 160 meters, the TS-590S employs
	down conversion* for the first IF (11.374 MHz).

	What really determines RX performance is the 2nd
	Roofing Filter, after the post amplifier. The TS-590S
	comes equipped with a 500 Hz and 2.7 KHz BW 6-pole MCF.
	This results in superb dynamic range when adjacent signals
	are present, performance that was not previously
	possible using up conversion.

	*For 1.8/3.5/7/14/21 MHz Amateur bands, when receiving
	in CW/FSK/SSB modes down conversion is selected automatically
	if the final passband is 2.7 kHz or less.

THE TEN-TEC EAGLE BROCHURE SAYS:

	IMD3 Dynamic Range: 100dB/20kHz, 99dB/2kHz, 300 Hz BW,
	preamp off

	Blocking Dynamic Range: 141dB/20kHz, 130dB/2kHz, 500 Hz BW,
	preamp off

Can someone with greater expertise than I have say which is
better and why?