[TenTec] eagle

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Fri Apr 1 17:02:08 PDT 2011

I'll keep this short as two thumb typing is hard to do.

I understand the electronic aspect of it as well as the tolerance and logarithm of real power in the real world.

Please, please, please understand I KNOW that no one on the other end will know the difference.

But, I paid almost $3000 for a radio that displays on the front panel 100 watts output when the real power into a dummy load @13.9 volts @ the radio power connection I have 76 watts on 20 meters out of the box brand spanking new.

This is NOT a 'simple adjustment-- no one will notice' problem.

No one, not me, not you, should pay three grand and then need to  crack the case open to adjust anything.

This is not a 'no one can tell the difference problem,' this is a quality control problem.

If the display on my brand new $3k  Omni 7 says 100 watts, then by god the power output should be "close."

85 watts is fine, but the display should reflect the rf output of 85 watts (not lab gear, I know)

With sore thumbs,

Mike

Sent from my iPhone