[TenTec] TenTec HF transceiver, Power Supply FS

Ken Simpson, W8EK W8EK at flham.net
Sat Apr 9 10:58:54 PDT 2011

TenTec 585 Paragon HF transceiver, Power Supply For Sale:

TenTec 585 Paragon HF Transceiver:

The Paragon is a top of the line transceiver that includes a
general coverage receiver. It covers 160-10 meters, including
WARC bands, with 100 watts output. The receiver is fantastic.
It has dual VFOs and many memories built in, along with a
speech processor. Basically, it has about every feature that
a ham could want in an HF rig.

This particular unit works 100% as best I can tell. Since the
rig does so many things, I am sure that there is something I
didn't test, but I don't know what it is (or I would have
tested it!). It has had all updates completed by TenTec.

Cosmetically, it is in extremely nice shape. The front panel
is extremely good. Most all of the lettering is clean and
crisp. This one also has the Giehl chip in it making it
similar to a Paragon II.

Large manual and power cord included for $650.

TenTec Power Supply:

"Switcher / 25" 25 amp switching power supply:
This is a 25 amp switching power supply in a case that
matches the early Omni series case, with the metal bezel
around it. It is in a case that is the same size as a 243
remote VFO. It has an ammeter on the front, along with
Switch, TenTec logo, and output bulb. The front panel
basically looks like a 280 power supply with a metal bezel,
but says "Switcher/25" on it. It is very quiet, and well
shielded, and does not produce any electrical noise that
I could find. $150

Microphone holders:

Electro Voice
Gray colored EV, designed to hold 5/8 to 3/4 inch diameter mics,
and go into a stand with standard 5/8 inch threads. $5

Chrome Mic holder
Similar to EV holder, but chrome metal with a green felt on the
inside to protect the mic. For 1/2 inch to 5/8 inch diameter
microphones. Standard 5/8 inch threads. $5

Cables for Heil (and other) Microphones:

Heil CC-1 XLR 4
3 pin XLR Male to 4 pin XLR Female $25

3 pin XLR to stripped and tinned ends
About 10 feet of quality rubber covered mic cable with a 3 pin
XLR connector on one end, and nothing on the other end. Ideal
to add your own connector. Can be used with the CC-1 XLR-4
above. $20

Heil round 8 pin connector to 8 pin modular connector for Icom
Not positive of the number, but it might be HSTA-IM or HSTA-706
$15

Heil Wind Screen
This windscreen can be used with a variety of microphones.
Excellent condition. $8

Prices do not include shipping from Florida.

Thanks.

73,

Ken, W8EK

Ken Simpson