[TenTec] Corsair II AGC circuit

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 05:52:41 PDT 2011

I've been trying to figure out the Corsair II AGC circuit on the IF/AF
Board (manual p3-17).  I was hoping that someone out there could
either confirm or correct my analysis:

1. D6-D9 form the AGC Detector feeds AGC amp U2B-5 and charges time
constant capacitor C34 through R45

2. Q8/Q9 form the hang circuit and discharges C34 through R54 when Q9
is biased off.

3. The AGC switch (via connector 92, "AGC OFF/AGC TC") functions to:
     a. turn off AGC by grounding U2B-5
     b. set slow AGC by enabling the hang circuit by grounding C33
     c. set fast AGC by disabling the hang circuit by leaving C33 unconnected

Tnx/73,
Barry N1EU