[TenTec] CorsairII obsolescence - MCU copying

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Fri Aug 12 09:57:22 PDT 2011

Folks,

I've now added the iambic keyer functionality to my board using a second
PIC. I didn't include the keyer memory functionality because I never use
it, but the connectivity is there if I decide to add it at a later
stage. I've posted the schematics and the object code, plus a rough
layout of the major components, on my web site:

http://www.karinya.net/g3txq/corsair_display/

If anyone has a go at building one I'd be very interested in your
experience; in particular:

1) Does the simple input circuitry work OK with your levels of HFO signal
2) Does the board change the number/levels of any spurii heard in the
receiver
3) Is the board immune to high levels of RF on Tx
4) Does the "last digit jitter" look about the same as the original

5) Does the keyer speed range seem about right
6) Does the iambic implementation "feel" right. I don't use iambic
myself so it's difficult to judge if it's correct.

73,
Steve G3TXQ