[TenTec] Omni VI Issue

DENNIS BRICKEY n4dd at embarqmail.com
Sun Aug 14 13:59:52 PDT 2011

Good evening,

I have an Omni VI Option 1.  I had the radio checked and aligned

just a little over a year ago.  When I got it home, I made a hand full

of contacts and put it in its box.  I got it out this weekend, and is

an issue with CW receive.  The CW audio sounds like it is

warbling, like the cw note is unstable.  I left it on all weekend, but

there has been no change.  Just wondering, short of another trip to

the mothership, if anyone has a suggestion for where to look and

what to look for.  I have no instruments for troubleshooting, but I

could possible check some simple items.

If anyone can offer advice, please respond direct, and off line.  I do

not want to tie up the reflector.

Thanks in advance for any help.

73,,
Dennis