[TenTec] Shipping a Titan Linear Amplifier

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Aug 14 15:36:11 PDT 2011

You MUST remove the power transformer from the power supply (it un-bolts
and un-plugs) and put it in its own box. It is VERY heavy, and poor
handling in shipment could destroy the power supply if you didn't.  When
Ten Tec ships it, it's bolted to a piece of wood. That would be a good
move, then serious bubble wrap, or even more robust packaging, in a very
robust box.

Put the chassis screws back in the power supply and do serious bubble
wrap with it in its own box. Take the tubes out of the RF deck, screw it
back together.  Wrap the RF deck in bubble wrap, in its own box.  Wrap
the tubes individually in bubble wrap, in their own smaller box(es).

U-Line is a very good source of boxes.  When we moved from Chicago to
Santa Cruz six years ago, we did a lot of biz with them.  Make sure you
buy their heaviest weight boxes for more delicate stuff.

For our move, I chose not to trust movers with my electronic gear, and
with master tapes, and carried them myself in my own SUV.  For that
move, I did NOT remove the transformer, but set the PSU solidly on the
floor.  I did do serious bubble wrap of everything. Movers took
everything else.

73, Jim K9YC