[TenTec] Wanted - knobs or possibly parts rig

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Fri Aug 19 10:16:00 PDT 2011

Looking for a few good knobs for the "brownish" cased rigs of the late 1970s -
early 1980s such as were used on the Argosy, Argonaut 515, Delta, and their
associated accessories. I'd like to find at least two each of the
bandswitch/function switch type with the "wings" (preferably the plain ones
without the white marker on the tip if possible) and at least two each round
with pointer type used for AF gain etc. I might even consider a parts
or "basket case" rig (Argosy?) with said knobs if the price is right.
Repairable knobs with internal cracks (if you've dealt much with these rigs
you know what I'm talking about) are also of interest.

No, I didn't call TT repair because I'm of the impression that their stock of
spares is long gone. If that's incorrect, please let me know.

TNX/73, Al