[TenTec] power went out

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Sun Aug 21 16:57:23 PDT 2011

Easy way around this one - just learn the "Ten Commandments of Electronics" HI
HI!! (This is a slight variation of one I remember seeing a long time ago.)

------------------:

1. Beware the lightning that lurketh in an undischarged capacitor, lest it
cause thee to be bounced upon thy buttocks in a most ungentlemanly manner.

2. Cause thou the switch that supplies large quantities of juice to be opened
and thusly tagged, so thy days may be only on this earthly vale of tears.

3. Prove to thyself that all circuits that radiateth and upon which thou
worketh are grounded, less they lift thee to high frequency potential and
cause thee to radiateth also.

4. Take care thou useth the proper method when thou taketh the measure of high
voltage circuits so that thou doth not incinerate both thee and the meter;
for verily, thou hast no account number and can easily be replaced, the meter
doth have one, and as a consequence, bringeth much woe unto the supply
department.

5. Tarry not amongst those who engage in intentional shocks, for they are not
long for this world.

6. Take care thou tampereth not with interlocks and safety devices, for this
will incur the wrath of thy seniors and bringeth the fury of the safety
officer down about thy head and shoulders.

7. Work thou not on energized equipment, for if you doth, thy buddies will
surely be buying beers for thy widow and consoling her in other ways not
generally accepted by thee.

8. Verily, verily I say unto thee, never service high voltage equipment alone,
for electric cooking is a slothful process and thy might sizzle in thine own
fat for hours on end before thy Maker sees fit to end thy misery and drag
thee into His fold.

9. Trifle thou not with radioactive tubes and substances, lest thou commence
to glow in the dark like a lightning bug, and thy wife be frustrated nightly
and have no further use for thee except thy wage.

10.Commit thou to memory the works of the prophets, which are written in the
instruction books, which giveth the straight dope and which consoleth thee,
and thou cannot make mistakes, sometimes, maybe.

Author unknown

http://www.dra73.org/commandments.html

73, Al