[TenTec] What Radio?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Aug 30 23:05:06 PDT 2011

Jim, your strategy works for you, and that's fine.
But it doesn't work for me.

Maybe I'm weird but I still have the same mic, keyer, headphones,
matchboxes, etc., that I had 35 years ago.
I estimate that I have had about 30 different transceivers during that time.

Newer accessories like TNCs, Noise Cancelors, and Pan Adapters just extend
the range of accessories.

If I always buy a radio with everything built in, then I pay for all the
accessory features again and again.
And I take a hit, each time I sell them.

Also, at any given time, I usually have several transceivers from different
manufacturers.
I like to be able to share my accessories between them.

I find I have more flexibility with discrete accessories.
I can selectively choose the best on the market at the time I purchase and I
can upgrade them individually as something new emerges on the market.

If I buy something built into my rig, I'm stuck with it forever.
So, unless it's almost for free, I don't want to pay for a keyer, matchbox,
pan adapter, etc. within my transceiver.

My strategy works better for me.
That's the other side of the story.

You pays your money and you takes your choice! (hi)

73
Rick, DJ0IP