[TenTec] My first Post

wade staggs tvman1954 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:25:21 PST 2011

*Hello and 73 to all. I would like to purchase an 1.8 SSB Filter for my
Paragon. I can do PayPal, Postal Money Order, or Cash in an envelope as I
trust that all of the members here have proven their honesty. As a side
note I recently traded for an Yaesu FT-897D. It seems to be a good little
radio but, while listening to the Tennessee Phone Net on 3.980 Khz. the
other night with it became apparent that I was hearing a lot of stuff from
folks 3 and 4 Khz. on either side of the Freq. I found that by flipping the
Coax Switch back and forth between the Paragon and the Yaesu the difference
was Amazing. The Paragon never knew the offending stations were there. Like
many folks I can't afford a Jupiter nor an Orion but, seeing the difference
between these two radio's ......... I just wonder how Great the receivers
on these new radio's must be. .......... 73 to all and if, someone has some
spare filters they could part with ........... Please, contact me.*
*                              Wade/KJ4WS*
**
**
**