[TenTec] Tuner stiff on Century 21

Curt rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Sun Dec 4 13:13:03 PST 2011

If it's anything like the other PTOs, I'd say buy the kit for $35 and
perform the rebuild yourself.  I had never performed this task before until
a week ago, when redid the one on an Omni C.  I am very pleased with teh
results.  It is somewhat tedious but not at all difficult.  Given that TT
will charge about $185, plus shipping each way with the risk of the shipping
company destroying the rig, there's really no contest.

Getting the PTO out of the 21 is the most difficult part of the whole task,
seems if you gogle PTO rebuild there is a whole step-by-step specific to the
Century 21.

GL & 73, Curt KB5JO