[TenTec] CENTURION CLEANING

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sat Dec 10 14:18:15 PST 2011

SEASON'S GREETINGS TEN TEC MAVENS...

My question follows K7NSW's comment on reducing air flow through the
Centurion.   I built a stand to hold my Centurion amp below my desk, and
it is placed so that there are at least 5 inches of space between it and
the back and side of the desk shell.  Still, it gets warm under there
and I have used a small fan to move air out from behind and beside the
amp where it is close to the desk shell.

So...  Does anyone have a clever idea as to how I might mount a smaller,
yet sufficient, fan under the desk, maybe to run off my 12 volt power
supply distribution system, that would not add noise, not add too much
wind, and still move cooler air in and around the beast?

The fan I have now, sits on the floor, and is way overkill for the job,
  adding both more noise and more air flow than necessary.  So, I am
considering a smaller, more appropriate solution.

Any traction?

Thanks loads.    Happy Trails and Happy Holidays to all.