[TenTec] New Life for Argosy--PTO / DDS Swap

scottsheppard at videotron.ca scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 26 18:14:28 PST 2011

Well this holiday season I made some changes to my little Argosy (analog) that had been sitting neglected  in behind my Corsair II and the Omni V...I replaced the PTO with the N4YG DDS just as I had with the Corsair. The difference is night and day. The simple pleasures of being able to pick the radio up or move it a few inches without the freq changing several kc's is enough but the tuning is so much more pleasurable. I added a LED freq display at the same time and replaced a lot of the older caps on the IF/AF board. I now have a new (old) favorite radio.

The conversion was very easy and I placed the board where the old noise blanker used to be. Very little difference from the Corsair mods and in fact I would say the Argosy is even easier to do. If anyone is interested in getting more info I am happy to pass my experiences along...

73

scott  va3ied