[TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Tue Dec 27 07:20:28 PST 2011

On 12/27/2011 10:08 AM, John K3GHH wrote:
> What do you do with your back issues of these magazines?
>
> I'm beginning to question my keeping of all of them, having just
> catalogued (a simple spreadsheet) and boxed about 6 years' QSTs (in two
> boxes, still quite heavy for me) and carried them up two flights of
> stairs, eventually bound for the attic (yet another flight).
>
> Someone will have to get them out of there...

I've pondered over this myself.
In my early years as a ham, I went so far as to bring each year to an
outfit to have them put in bound books....A volume for each year.
A big gold QST and the year on the front and side of each year.

When that got old, I got the cardboard magazine holders from
WalMart....one for each year, and put them on a shelf...all in order.

Then, I did not subscribe for a few years, then I'd buy an issue every 4
months or so.....and now that I subscribe again....some are in a pile in
the basement, some are in bathrooms, some under my bed, and yes.....some
I just toss.

So, I guess you could argue that in this age, you could always get an
electronic copy...or .pdf of whatever you want.

But I'm sure if I HAD to read that review or wanted to build that item
from 1991 QST.....I'd probably kick myself....hard....that I tossed that
entire year.

But your right.....'ya really can't keep 'em!!

Just my .02 worth!   I'm sure you will get many to boast how they have
every issue since 19xx......perhaps nothing to brag about  :-)

.....Dave