[TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Dec 27 08:35:20 PST 2011

Well when I moved from Germany to the states, I did like everyone else here
did: donated about 25 years worth to ham clubs.

While living in the states and knowing I would be moving back to Germany
after a few years, I took a different approach.  Chris mentioned it.

I identified my interests in ham radio, which is mostly antennas, receiver
technology, and transceiver tests, then I started ripping the individual
pages out that interested me and scanning them into PDF form.   I found them
much easier to scan when not bound in the magazine.  If you do it every
month, it's not really so much work.

In the meantime most of the stuff from many mags is available digitally.
Here in Germany, all of the mags offer an end of year CD with all the files
on them.
CQ just recently became available online in digital form, so that eliminates
the need to scan that one.
I just have to be diligent about converting my stuff to PDF every month.

Some of the left-overs of the old mags is used to fire up the bar-b-q grill,
the rest gets recycled.

73
Rick, DJ0IP