[TenTec] OT: Old QSTs, CQs, etc.

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Dec 31 01:36:48 PST 2011

PLEASE LET ME CLARIFY ONE POINT AND APOLOGIZE FOR MAYBE OFFENDING SOME
PEOPLE...

When I said in my post below "stupid enough" I was ONLY referring to people
who do not back up data on hard drives, not to people who do not keep
multiple copies of CDs or DVD.

It is not a well know fact that CDs and DVDs suffer from drop out.  Most
consumers still rely on the original STRONG marketing message that data
would be safe for 25 years on these media.  It is unfortunate, but the
manufactures never came out and publically warned people, once it was
learned that you probably will lose data within 25 years.

With [hard] disk drives, it is a different story.  The storage manufacturers
and vendors have been advertising the need to run backup for about 15 years
now and ALL of them include free backup software with their external desktop
drives.  If you're not backing up your data now days, you are driving a
Ferrari on a wet road without wearing your seatbelt and with the airbag
turned off.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR NOT BACKING UP IMPORTANT DATA TODAY!

So apologies if I offended the wrong people with my previous post.

73
Rick