[TenTec] audio on Omni-VI+

Don Rasmussen wb8yqj at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 13:31:09 PST 2011

I am overdriving my sound card BADLY but here is a recording from the OMNI VI+ with audio takeoff - it sounds better than what you describe. It takes the Inrad 2.8's to make this happen.

http://www.zerobeat.net/wb8yqj/ccc.wav

I think TenTec should have a transceiver that has an analog subreceiver, like my FT2000 does, so the operator can compare exactly what that DSP is or is not doing for him under any given conditions. The DSP side is occasionally a treat - but more than 50% of the time I listen ANALOG. !

Re: [TenTec] audio on Omni-VI+
from [yash] [Permanent Link][Original]