[TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 03:07:31 PST 2011

On Feb 8, 2011, at 9:16 AM, NL7VL wrote:

> Are we talking about potentiometers, or just generally? It's alway
> been
> my understanding that the cleaner-lubricant formula for a pot is
> totally different from other cleaner-lubricants ... switches for
> example.

After this discussion started, I did a quick web search on "how to
repair volume control deoxit".

There were well over 200,000 hits, with all the ones I looked at,
people happy with the results. Several went as far as making videos of
it in action and posting them on YouTube.

It may not be the right product, but it sure has a following.

Caig makes a special "pot cleaner" called Fader Lube.

I'd love to hear comments from someone with long time experience in
it. You never know when you web search if the person posting has done
1, 100 or 1,000 of them. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.