[TenTec] CorsairII notch potentiometer

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Thu Feb 10 00:17:46 PST 2011

Charles,

Thanks for the suggestions. I see a couple of problems:

* The pot mounts directly to the PCB, so swapping the ends means cutting
tracks which I'd prefer not to do at this stage. Of course if I modified
it for panel-mounting then it would be easy.

* The front panel is marked with an "Out" position with the knob fully
CW; in that position the AF frequency of the notch is above the filter
passband. Reversing the "sense" would mean that in the "Out" position
the notch is still within the passband, albeit at the LF end and maybe
not too noticeable.

All of this makes me wonder why TT went to the trouble of using a
reverse log pot. It would have been as easy - and arguably more logical
- to have the control work the other way round: i.e. the "Out" position
full CCW.

73,
Steve G3TXQ