[TenTec] Hallicrafters SX28 - was CorsairII notch potentiometer

Ralph Smith rr1935 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 06:40:25 PST 2011

Hi Rock,

This thing is a boat anchor as you are well aware of.  It needs a lot of loving care.  The cabinet would need restored and the tubes are all there.  It was given to me and let me know where you are located to see if it is worthy to deal with this.  I am open to any offer that you would make.  It was given to me by the friend I liquidated his gear for.  So, it would come very cheap.  I can send you pix of it if you so desire.  The dials work okay but it had sit for a long time in an unenviremental situation but still could be restored as I have seen worse units done.  You could call me at 419-822-5349 and I would call you right back on Skype if that would be okay to discuss further.

Ralph W8HG

  Hello Ralph

  In ref: to your msg about the SX-28. I have  friend that might have interest
  in the radio. First is it still available ? Second can you supply jpgs of
  the radio? Third how bad off is it? Sense he is vision impaired I would have
  to be the one to work on it for him to get it back up to specs. Advise.
  Regards, Rock