[TenTec] OMNI VII

jliving39 at comcast.net jliving39 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 15 13:27:10 PST 2011

Folks,

     The OMNI VII controls (multi, pbt/bw,af/rf, and rit/xit) are very wobbly.  Realize they are encoders and not pots and maybe never will be really tight.  .  Does anyone know if they can be tightened up a bit or do we just have to live with the wobblyness.  I do not see a way to adjust the knobs and do not want to use extreme pressure.  Anyone have any ideas?  Maybe we just have to live with it.  Stan said maybe push the knob back a little, but that does need solve the problem.  Have never seen another rig with this situation.  I guess my question really is Are encoders naturally wobbly?  Please advise.  Jim, K4CFA