[TenTec] Antenna follow up- asked for help in January- need more help.....

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Wed Feb 16 22:42:01 PST 2011

A local ham (retired radio engineer) came over and we spent an
afternoon testing my setup.   We were looking to see if I had caused
any problems with the length I proposed, and also to test a claim
by DX-Engineering that I needed to use 200 feet of LMR-400 to get it
to have a happy SWR on top band.    We spent all afternoon testing
whether or not that claim was true, and whether or not the added
coax would cause other problems.    We used the TLW program, and
my antenna analyzer, and a third program I cannot recall, and had
a grand time.    He concluded my coax transmission line was an OK
length, not causing any high voltage problems on any band, but
we also discussed the ramifications and compromises having a single
length of coax for all operating bands might have.

As always... I am still learning every day.

Happy Trails.