[TenTec] Orion 565 V2.064x11 NB

Zivney, Terry L. 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Fri Feb 18 09:46:40 PST 2011

I just loaded V2.064x11 in place of 2.062a - seems to work ok, except for the previously
noted VOX anomaly muting CW.

But, I noticed something interesting.  I have a bad electric fence QRN problem here.
I have  two Orion 565s.  One runs version 1.372, the other has v2 firmware.  Both
1.372 and 2.062a need to have the software NB turned on to about level 7 to
stop the dreadful pops at one second intervals.  But, with 2.064 I don't hear the pops
at all even with the NB turned off.  However, I do see the s-meter moving in time with
the pops unless I engage the software NB.

I plan on running v2.064 on my second Orion this weekend in the ARRL DX contest on
my second Orion.  I like the sweep display with the little marker to show where I'm tuning.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9