[TenTec] Herc II power connector troubles

Allan Taylor k7gt.cw at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 11:49:50 PST 2011

My TT station has been stacked in a corner for a while. I just put it
together yesterday before the DX test. The Herc II came up
without all four sectors of the power supply cable/connector mated. I
played with it, got it to work with a stick holding up the
cable from the 9420 ''just so...''. As I will be opening up the Herc
II after the contest to fix things, I wonder if there is a history of
issues with this connector? It 'floats' somewhat in the back panel. I
am hoping a judicious resolder job will fix things up.
Any comments/experience??

--
73     Allan    K7GT