[TenTec] Orion II transmit equalization

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Mon Feb 21 11:31:53 PST 2011

 John,

Further to my earlier email, I ran some more tests, listening to myself on
an external receiver (actually, an Argonaut V).  The difference in
equalization between AM and SSB did not show up there; both sounded fine  with TX
EQ set to 0 dB.  However, the difference was still there on the  Orion II's
internal monitor, with AM sounding more bassy than SSB by about  7 dB.  So,
it seems to be a monitor issue rather than a TX EQ issue.   I don't
understand how and why that would happen, but there it is.

73 Ray W2RS