[TenTec] Corsair II Finals

Neal Laugman neal.laugman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 10:17:18 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Don Rasmussen <wb8yqj at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can anyone say if there is a substitution for Corsair II finals? There was recently one for sale - working - but the finals were blown. Wondering if the radio is repairable?

Not so long ago Surplus Sales listed MRF458  MPs  ...  at $150. I
think to substitute anything else (MRF454, etc) would involve
redesigning the broadband feedback networks, and possibly changing the
input transformer (T3) to account for a change in the input impedance.
I think if it was an easy fix we would all have read about it
somewhere. This is exactly the reason I have a "spare" which I paid
dearly for.

Neal, NL7VL