[TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )

Hulett, Russell rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Tue Feb 22 11:45:00 PST 2011

The band switching problems and the lack of some bands may be due to the crystal assembly.  Opening up the rig, some of the crystals are very loose in their sockets.  Called Ten-Tec about another socket assembly, of course that is unobtanium.  They gave me the standard lecture about thirty year-old radios being unrepairable.

I'm thinking to replace the electrolytics on the SSB generator board, have read folks posting that these miniature caps may not last 30 years.

The display system and finals seem fine, the rig works well on CW.  Maybe just put it on the shelf for parts.