[TenTec] Omni C Questions ( Maybe OT )

Tim Long tlong8 at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 22 12:04:41 PST 2011

  I just wrestled with that problem a few weeks ago...my Omni was dead
on 80.  My problem was broken traces on the VFO Mixer board underneath
the crystal socket strip.  I re-flowed the solder where it looked like
it needed it and the problem was solved.  That board is probably the
most difficult to remove and I am very glad I called Ten Tec to find out
the removal tricks.  I'll post them if anybody wants to know.
73, Tim, W2UI