[TenTec] KPA 500

Mike Stricker info4mjs at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 12:05:58 PST 2011

I saw the KPA500 at the Orlando Hamfest.  Yes, it looks nice.  It also looks cheap much like the rest of their equipment.  For the kind of money they are getting for their equipment, the mechanical aspects have, in my mind, a lot to be desired.  I would think that for not a whole lot more, they could double the thickness of their aluminum panels but then again, I am not falling for the Elecraft MoJo any more.

I think the Ameritron ALS-600 is a better deal.

Flame on:-)

Mike, WA1SEO