[TenTec] KPA 500

george fritkin georgefritkin at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 16:06:37 PST 2011

There is just no money to be made in amps.  A lot of Hams are linear abusers.
 Tubes, for the most part can take the abuse, transistor can not, hence lots of
protection.  Then we Hams complain that our solid state amps "kick out all the
time" so you can not win.  Either you go the Ameritron way (I have lots of their
amps) or the THP direction and just let the selling price follow suit.  You are
correct, differentiating amps is much harder than a transceiver.

George, W6GF