[TenTec] 565 firmware update - receive audio

John K Gotwals john at gotwals.com
Thu Feb 24 06:28:09 PST 2011

Yesterday I installed the 565 2.064X11 firmware update followed by the RAM
Clear and Master resets. In general, things seem to be as expected except
for the main receive audio. I operate on 75 and 40 meters phone and when
conditions permit I have my receive bandwidth set at 3000 (Rx Eq = 0dB). I
immediately noticed that received signals of stations I had worked
previously are lacking in lows. When I set PBT to -200, the received signal
sounds normal. Has anyone else noticed this in the new firmware, or is it a
case where I should do another round of resets?

John, N9JG