[TenTec] Corsair II PTO rebuild: Start w/dial full CW or CCW?

Andrew Moore andrew.nv1b at gmail.com
Sat Jan 1 11:18:28 PST 2011

My rebuild instructions are unclear.  For the Corsair II,

More generally, for any Ten-Tec PTO, for easy disassembly should the
"pistol" (80236P) be fully inserted into the coil (spring compressed) or
fully retracted from it (spring relaxed)?

I remember form a previous rebuild that it is important, in order to get
enough clearance to remove the assemblies from the enclosure.  I just can't
remember which way it needs to be for the Corsair II.

Thanks,
--Andrew, NV1B
..