[TenTec] New and Improved Terminology (NVIS origins)

geoffrey mendelson geoffreymendelson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 01:41:17 PST 2011

On Jan 6, 2011, at 11:06 AM, Steve Hunt wrote:

> I don't know who Mr. Gordo is, but those comments directly contradict
> the ARRL Antenna Book and the evidence from EZNEC.

Gordon West, WB6NOA, one of the most prolific producers of ham radio
study material in the US.

http://www.gordonwestradioschool.com/

I doubt that there is a ham licensed since the 1970's in the US that
has not used his materials at some time in their lifetime.

If he states something on his disks, it's true. Not as in "The Truth"
being an absolute, but "the truth" as in when you see that question on
the test, you better answer what he says or you will get it wrong.

US tests are different than other places in the world. There are a set
series of topics for each license class and within those topics a  set
list of questions and multiple choice answers. All are published and
every few years the whole pool of questions is peer re-evaluated for
relevancy and accuracy.

So if there is a difference between what you see on the test and
reality, it's best discussed the next time a pool is evaluated, but if
you are in the process of studying (or plan to be in the future) for
that test, it's best to ignore anything except the question pool, and
therefore if Gordo says it, count on it. :-)

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson,  N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.