[TenTec] NEC, ground, grounds, and radials

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Sat Jan 8 08:14:31 PST 2011

I see a very significant difference between the "approximate" formula
and the one mentioned by Jerry; the former predicts that you can't
achieve Zo lower than 87 Ohms, whilst the latter demonstrates that to be
false. That seems like a difference which is meaningful.

But what are the amateur applications where a move to FEA would be a
meaningful improvement over Jerry's formula? I'm struggling to think of any.

73,
Steve G3TXQ