[TenTec] Orion with Dying Receiver

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Sat Jan 22 10:10:38 PST 2011

Vibration from the speaker no doubt speeds up things working loose. But
they work loose anyway, from vibration of the external speaker, rigs run
mobile, hand helds, normal operation, and temperature cycling along with
the propensity of plastic to relieve the pressure from being squeezed.
Not to mention vibration from wind, passing pedestrians, pets, trucks,
trains, snow plows, farm tractors, honey wagons, and aircraft. In this
territory a tractor and loaded honey wagon combination might weigh
140,000 pounds, that shakes things while it pounds the gravel road to
powder.

I use an external speaker because, most of the time, the internal
speaker is too tiny (and tinny) to sound good.

73, Jerry, K0CQ