[TenTec] Model 302 Encoder/Keypad

Keith Flint kcflint at wirelessbeehive.com
Mon Jan 24 13:33:09 PST 2011

I have a remote Encoder/Keypad model 302 that is acting up. Ten-Tec says it is not economical to repair.

It will not increment the frequency dial on my Jupiter 538 properly, the digits flash in the .xxx range, and
sometimes in the megahertz and kilohertz range.

It looks line the actual encoder with the rotatable shaft and knob on it are working, but

I think one or more of the chips on the board might have taken a hit from static or something.
My Jupiter dial works fine, so it is just in the Keypad.

Anybody ever troubleshoot one of these?

Thanks

Keith

W7ZAC