[TenTec] Omni VII ATU Saga

Hulett, Russell rhulett1 at consolidated.net
Tue Jan 25 14:38:47 PST 2011

On 1/24/2011 10:07 PM, Curt wrote:
Recently  received repaired 588AT S/N 10C10977, repair #R-8329.  Everything works fine now, but would appreciate some explanation of how repacing a defective 455 filter would restore the antenna tuner to correct operation.

My only symptoms were failure of the ATU to function, don't notice any diagnostics related to the ATU.  I'm concerned that the ATU is intermittent.

Regards,

R. C. Hulett, KB5JO
Dear Curt:

The filter is in the low level transmitter chain. The filter was intermittent causing the transmit [power to drop below the threshold needed to activate the tuner.

Paul R. Clinton
WD4EBR
Service Manager