[TenTec] WARC band crystal part numbers

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at weather.net
Fri Jan 28 14:08:02 PST 2011

Yes the 17 meter spur was fixed at some point. Yhe way know its fixed is
when you have to go to the inverted side band to ge USB on 17m. Because
the fix is to mix the 5 MHz PTO with 22 MHz to make a 27 MHz TX mixer
injection LO rather than mixing the 5 MHz PTO with 4 to make a 9 MHz LO
injection which has the harmonic problem. There might be a little bit
from the SSB signal but its typically 10 or 20 dB weaker than the LO
going into the mixer and so less of a harmonic generator. So the 17
meter crystal will be 22 or 11 MHz instead of 4 for the old scheme.

I haven't bought from ICM lately but $25 from Tentec sounds like a
decent buy with no questions on what the specs are.

73, Jerry, K0CQ