[TenTec] Omni VI 1st IF Narrow CW Filter Enable?

Don Jones ko7i at comcast.net
Fri Jan 28 20:49:20 PST 2011

Yep, Even with the LP is set to 600Hz the receiver still howls.
And, no I have not done an alignment.
Yes, the VI "should be tough to beat" especially with a full load of filters AND the INRAD roofing filter mod too. If it were not for the howling sound with a centered IF Shift the receiver would be acceptable.
It is noted that once I added the 400Hz INRAD 1st IF filter to my VI the AGC is no longer getting "pumped" by adjacent QRM.

Don Jones
Arlington, WA