[TenTec] Omni D-B vs Omni C

Curt rhulett1 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 31 17:19:34 PST 2011

I own an Omni D-B.  My understanding is it differs from an Omni C in that the latter will function on 12 & 30M if the correct crystals are installed, the Omni D-B receives 30M but required a modification kit to transmit on 30M.  Neither can function properly on 17M, though evidently TT claimed otherwise.  The audio and if filters on the Omni D-B were cascaded, those for the Omni C are selected individually.

Other than these differences, ( and a few years age ) the two are identical, so many of the boards would interchange?

73, Curt KB5JO