[TenTec] Correction

CSM(r) Gary Huber glhuber at msn.com
Wed Jul 6 05:48:12 PDT 2011

>Thank you for your input and expertise Gary but I still don't see how the PBT setting would be correct for one filter (500 hz filter - PBT control at either 11 or 1 o'clock depending on >the band) and not correct for the other filter (250 hz) unless the center frequency of the two filters is different.

And that can be part of the problem, you do have to know which CW filter you have in the 250 HZ Position? There are two that will work, the 219 and the 221.

"What's the difference between the 219 and 221 filters?
If you usually run your CW offset at 500 Hz or less, and want to install both the 282 filter and a 9 MHz I-F 250 Hz filter, use the 221 instead of the 219. If you normally run CW offset at higher than 500 Hz, use model 219. Only the Omni-VI and Omni-VI Plus offer variable CW offset; offset on other Ten-Tec transceivers is fixed at 600 to 750 Hz depending upon model. The 221 filter is only for use with low CW offset on the Omni-VI and Omni-VI Plus." see http://tentecwiki.org/webarchive/filterhelp/

73 es DX,

Gary - AB9M