[TenTec] Omni 6 logic Y2

Glenn wa4aos at aol.com
Tue Jul 12 11:47:44 PDT 2011

Hi,
I am working on a logic board for an Omni 6+ and the small crystal at pins 2 and 3 of U6 is bad.
This crystal looks like a small radial electrolytic capacitor.  U6, ds1285, is the real time clock package in the Omni 6 series.  The capacitor noted as Y2 in the Ten Tec manual has KDS2C stamped on it.
Apparently that crystal is no longer made but I might be able to find something that will work but will need the crystal specifications.
A google search mentioned 24 MHz at one site but I can't find data on it.

BTW:  In my Omni 6+ manual this crystal is drawn as being between but it's between pins 1 and 2.  I would appreciate feedback for others with this schematic.

So, anyone know anything about this little crystal or a source for them. I checked with Paul at Ten Tec and they are out but he is trying to locate some info.
Any help is appreciated ! ! !

I am still interested in any dead Omni 6 or Omni 6 logic boards that might be available for purchase.

73,

Glenn Scott WA4AOS
DSM Labs

w w w dot ds m l a b s dot c o m