[TenTec] Omni VI Logic Board

Glenn wa4aos at aol.com
Thu Jul 21 18:37:20 PDT 2011

 Hi Rip,

Thanks for the kind words. For now, I am gearing up to repair the existing Logic boards. I will see how things go through the next year and see if makes sense to
start development on a new processor configuration. I have just ordered a bunch of parts and will have ALL of the IC's in large quantities in the next week.
I am working with a fellow here in SC who has stepped up and offered to help re write the Schematic for the logic board which has a number of errors.

As most of us agree the Omni 6 and 6 plus are arguably among the best analog transceivers ever to come to the amateur market. The weak link here is supporting the logic board. I will defer to Ten Tec
for other repairs unless they, at some point, decide to not support it at all. I would be very surprise if that would happen. They are good folks over there and I have a very high regard for Paul Clinton. He and I have become friends over the years and I respect his knowledge of electronics.

Personally, I prefer the Omni 6+ with the INRAD roofing kit to anything I have ever ran including my K3 and Omni 7. For CW operation during crowded band conditions, I can discern and separate weak CW signals in the same pass band  better than any IF DSP derived receiver I have listened to. Others may disagree but this has been my experience.

Again thanks for the kind comments and I hope you are around when the Ten Tec Omni 17 is obsolete.... Hi Hi

73,
Glenn WA4AOS
DSM Labs