[TenTec] paralleling power supplies to run Herc II

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Jun 19 22:46:52 PDT 2011

On 6/19/2011 2:24 PM, Allan Taylor wrote:
> I finally picked up a 2nd 50A Astron power supply to make a pair. Are
> there any issues in paralleling these to run the Herc II? I am going
> to verify that the terminal voltage is identical within .01V.

I did that and it worked just fine.  The Herc II power connector is
wired so that you can easily have one of the supplies feed half of the
amp and the other supply feed the other half.  I DID strap the
regulators together, using the banana connector.  I ran two #12 reds and
blacks from each supply to the amp to keep the IR drop low. I used two
RS70s. One was NOT enough. :)

73, Jim K9YC