[TenTec] Orion 1 and Orion 2 advice

Karl Seper kd8gox at charter.net
Thu Mar 3 11:51:24 PST 2011

Gentlemen,

Thanks for whatever wisdom you may share.  I have the opportunity to
purchase a new rig to replace my Yaesu ft 897d.  The Yaesu is fine and I
have about 250 countries on it with my log antenna and rebuilt SB-200.
I am between a Orion 1 and Orion 2 - Flexradio, K3 are out of the
running.  I will be looking to purchase used in either case.  From what
I can tell from the specs, either radio has a tremendous receiver and
the user interface is about the same for the two radios.  From a
reliability, age, availability of parts, etc your thoughts on the pro's
and con's.  Thanks in advance.  Respond to the reflector or privately to
kd8gox at arrl.net.  - Karl