[TenTec] new radio

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Wed May 11 19:07:37 PDT 2011

An Orion replacement, eh?  What features does John want to  replace?

73 Ray W2RS

In a message dated 5/11/2011 9:13:39 P.M. GMT Standard Time,
atrampler at att.net writes:

Note  that with the (re)acquisition of the Commander amps from Palstar, it
was noted  that new products may be "private labeled" for another amateur
radio  manufacturer.

Kenwood, Alinco, Ten-Tec and Elecraft are about the  only manufacturers
without "flagship" amps (not downplaying the new Elecraft,  but power-wise some
will want "more).

Would it be out of line for  Ten-Tec to partner with AN Wireless on a new
amp? It's unlikely to be  solid-state or auto-tune, sadly. I'd be happy
seeing a version of the  Centurion that came with 3-500ZGs and could put 3800 to
4000VDC, key-up, on  the plates through a full-wave bridge, and had adequate
cooling, bandswitches,  etc for legal limit.

Call it the Legate or Consul, with the  Pro-Consul having three tubes.

As for John's comment, some months  ago John Henry let slide that an Orion
replacement is schedule before some  other projects--I think he was being
asked about amplifiers. I've already  submitted a couple of names for
consideration.
TenTec  mailing  list
TenTec at contesting.com